Robyn's Book Journal

If anyone is looking for a good book to read, or a good book to avoid, maybe I can help you! **If you have also read the book, leave a comment! What did YOU think of it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling

Don't worry - no spoilers!

I know most people who will look at this have already read the series, but I just have to say that these books are so worth reading. I don't care that they're written for children (the end of the 6th book was scary enough for me to sleep with a teddy bear the night I read it), and I don't care that they are a "fad." I have read popular children's literature that was not good. We have all read "The DaVinci Code" - a fad, worth reading, but not well-written. These books, though the writing improves immensely as the series goes on, are all good books. I would read them even without the hype, and I encourage those who have been putting it off to read them despite the hype.

Having finally finished the final book after re-reading all but The Philosopher's Stone, I realize what an interwoven story it is, and I became so attached to the characters that I had a favourite Weasley twin (Fred). I love how Rowling always kept the surprises coming, and how she humanized all her characters, even Vol- uh, You-Know-Who!

My favourite book, on re-reading, was the sixth, The Half-Blood Prince. It's the creepiest, reveals a lot, and is also the one where the kids start falling in love! The whole series is worth reading just for that moment when someone kisses someone at the Gryffindor porthole after a very important Quidditch match! So cute!

6 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

i read it on your reccomendation, and loved it loved it loved it! so there. this is a brilliantly canadian contemporary novel.

August 24, 2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

ROBYN. This is awesome. I'm glad it exists. I look forward to further updates!

November 01, 2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Jenny is referring to "Stanley Park" not Harry Potter - at least I don't think H.P. is canadian...!

April 02, 2008 12:57 AM  
Blogger Adam & Lynn said...

I have to agree that these books are worth the read. I am re-reading them at the moment and find them more fun than previously, although I am starting to think Harry is a bit of a tool. He really is a bit cocky, it's not just snape who says so.

Fav is still the Goblet of Fire. And the last book really disappointed me. I found that it combined Star Wars, Space Balls and Lord of the Rings and packed it into one terrible ending. She should have just waited a few years and ended it better.

May 21, 2008 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηey there! Do you know if they mаke any ρlugins to аsѕіst with Seaгch
Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing νery good success.
If you know of any please shаre. Аpρreciаte it!


Cheсk out my ωеb site :: hydrolyze reviews

March 31, 2013 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attгactіνe ѕеction of content.

I juѕt stumbleԁ upon уour sitе and іn acсeѕsiоn capіtal to assеrt that I get
in fact enjοyeԁ accοunt your blog pоsts.
Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

Check out my web page ... hydroxatone

March 31, 2013 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home