Robyn's Book Journal

If anyone is looking for a good book to read, or a good book to avoid, maybe I can help you! **If you have also read the book, leave a comment! What did YOU think of it?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Watership Down - Richard Adams

This is my mom's favourite book, but for so long, I thought (as I'm sure some of you do), "Why would I want to read a story about rabbits?" But I regret not reading this gem of a book sooner!
Fiver has a terrifying vision of destruction of the warren, and believes that they must all leave at once! His brother (?) Hazel, of course, believes him and they try to get the whole warren to leave. Not surprisingly, most of the rabbits think they're crazy, but some either believe, or want an adventure, and they set out to find a new place to live. Along the way they meet new (sometimes unlikely) friends, meet new (sometimes unlikely) enemies, narrowly escape death, see things they could never have imagined, and build bonds with each other that keep them all fighting for each other, and for the "promised land" of Fiver's visions. This book is a real adventure. It is so exciting and endearing. I will never look at bunnies the same way again. And neither will you after you read this - because I know you will if I tell you to. And I'm telling you to.

4 Comments:

Blogger R. Duckie said...

Hey Robs! Thanks for all the book advice! Just so happens I just bought 2 of your reccomendations without knowing it! Next time i will have to check here. Sorry I missed you at Christmas! Miss you, take care,
Stacey

January 23, 2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I wonder which ones...?

January 25, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

good call. i haven't read this for ages, but i'm still haunted by the deaths of some of the bunnies.
do you think this book is a metaphor about war?
i just read a cool book you may/may not like, called "a scientific romance". pretty neat.
love you,
j

January 27, 2007 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the velcros were around 180 dollars everwhere. But finally I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

February 25, 2010 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home